Business Development Manager - Digital Buildings QLD
About the Job
In 2017 Schneider Electric was ranked in the Top 10 places to work in Australia and top 25 globally! We offer a flexible work environment enabling you to take control of how you get your work done. We are global specialists in energy management and automation and our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
We are excited to offer a commercially savvy and polished Business Development Manager the opportunity to join us in a newly created position as part our new Digital Buildings business at Eagle Farm in Brisbane, Queensland.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of t he establishment of an innovative business from the outset.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will create demand for the products and services of our Digital Buildings business, specifically EcoStruxure solutions and provide thought leadership to key stakeholders who own and operate commercial buildings.
As a trusted Business Advisor, your ability to ask insightful questions to understand the needs of your customers will see you identify, develop and present innovative and value-added solutions.
Working collaboratively with our Key Account Managers, you will be responsible for the conversion of opportunities to sales to maximise revenue and drive business growth.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar role in the Building and Construction industry
- A sound knowledge of the growth segments of the local QLD construction market
- A working knowledge of the building and construction lifecycle and its value chain players
- The confidence and proven ability to deliver compelling presentations to C Suite level stakeholders
- The ability to communicate complex information easily and succinctly
- Experience with specific technology for Building Management Systems (BMS), lighting, energy and cyber security
- The ability to use your strong commercial acumen to demonstrate the value of solutions to customers
- A working knowledge of smart buildings and related technology
- Highly developed communication skills with the confidence to deal with diverse stakeholders in a large and complex environment.
- A valid Australian drivers' license
Whist not essential, a tertiary qualification in business management, finance, marketing or communications will be highly regarded.
With a mature approach and intrinsic drive, you work equally well autonomously or as a member of a team. You are a self-starter, results orientated and motivated to achieve outcomes and drive business growth.
You are an innovative thinker who looks for new and improved ways to deliver exceptional solutions to your customers.
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration - we're a great place to work and are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.