Technical Support Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
Technical Support Engineers at Schneider Electric are highly capable, technical professionals. We are looking for individuals who like to research, use tools to dig deep into complex issues, and enjoy looking at code to aid in their troubleshooting. Support Engineers work independently and as members of a small team to resolve technical software issues for clients. Support team members serve as one of the main contacts to a client base that is knowledgeable, technical, and often in operation-critical functions at utility companies. Support Engineers play a significant role in creating and maintaining the client relationship that is valuable to our organization. Technical issues we address range across database configuration, software defects, and user education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance on supported software for internal and external clients.
- Troubleshoot possible software bugs with subject matter experts and developers, and log software bugs with development team.
- Report client functionality requests or software change requests to development team.
- Maintain knowledge base of resolution paths and known issues accessible both internally and externally.
- Provide proactive communication to clients, account managers and project managers.
- Assist in monitoring the Technical Support forum and website.
- Support 24x7 critical clients via on-call rotation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in CS or CIS preferred. Relevant job experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Understanding of coding principles, comfortable reading and understanding code.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving, researching skills.
- High level of professionalism in oral and written communication skills.
- Be independent, self-motivated, team player and have a people-oriented personality.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with peers, management, and other departments in a professional manner.
- Prior experience with GIS software a plus.
- Prior Technical Support experience a plus.
- Prior experience writing code a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.