About the Job
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Manufacturing Engineer position is a key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team and will have responsibility for driving our assembly process to world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of his/her process using the Schneider Performance System.
Safety leadership, Quality focus, Customer service and plant productivity are critical to the success of the business.
A Manufacturing Engineer must be an excellent communicator and project leader at all levels within the organization. Be collaborative, proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
- Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions.
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates, determine work standards, and develop and implement improvement within our processes.
- Supports project launch, process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance, line architecture, and material flow implementation
- Works on daily and long-term problems/projects using Quality and SPS tools including PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, CAPEX, SAP, work orders, CAD, etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solution
- Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement and leading projects to completion.
- Performs a variety of engineering work which may be related to process design/layout; mechanical; manufacturing; tooling, and safety.
- Supports new product development projects, determines cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
- Supports process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance along with development of Capital expenditure proposals.
Works with other engineers, designers, maintenance technicians and hourly line associates to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support IDEA/continuous/Safety/Quality improvement implementation ALL UNDER the Schneider Production System (Schneider Electric's Lean manufacturing operations model) principles.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in Value Stream analysis; Lean manufacturing concepts (ie. 5S, Line architecture / 2 bin design, material providing and handling / route design, work instructions, etc.)
- Experience with root cause analysis utilizing problem solving tools identifying and correcting issues.
- Leading and participating experience on kaizen events
- Provide examples of continuous improvement, both to existing processes and launch of new ones, positively impacting safety, quality, and overall labor efficiency metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred
- High level of English
- Green Belt Certification desired
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.