Finance Business Partner Home & Distribution
About the Job
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€24 billion in FY2018, our c 137,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On
As Finance Business Partner for the Home and Distribution business your role will be to drive business performance through strong financial control and to build a strong partnership with the Vice President and Leadership Team. Our Home and Distribution business focuses on selling products and services into the Electrical Industry via Distributors, Small Contractors and Electricians. With strong experience within a commercial /sales environment you will play a pivotal role in supporting and driving the business; p roviding financial information to support decision making and drive profitable growth; ensuring compliance with Zone, Group and financial reporting requirements. This role will be based ideally in Telford, but Coventry or Ashby can be an option as well.
- To act as a partner and to challenge, support and evaluate decisions made by the leadership team in line with strategic objectives ensuring consistency with the year's targets and forecast.
- Support global and zone key priorities and influence the business to ensure they are adopted; for example, pricing policy, commercial policy for the relevant customer type(s).
- Develop a strong partnership with the business and leadership team, working with them to identify current and future needs to ensure commercial margin is maximised.
- Co-ordinate preparation of all quarterly and month forecasts. Prepare and consolidate the required business and financial information. Coach and support leaders through the process.
- Produce forecasts in line with the RF timetable ensuring they are realistic and achievable. Work with the business to identify gaps to expected Targets and ensure action plans are in place to address. Support with preparation for business reviews
- Provide accurate financial and business information and to make recommendations where cost, pricing & margin controls need to be applied to enable decision making by the leadership team. Understand the impact of currency to ensure risk is minimised
- Understand and manage credit risk with the Commercial leaders of the business. Support in the prevention of, and resolution of, overdue debt
- Be a fully active member of the Finance team; to support on setting the direction and priorities for all areas of the Finance Function and drive and support a high-performance culture
- Cross team collaboration and representation of the Finance Team, within the Zone and Globally
- Work closely with and support the Financial Planning and Analysis team, ensuring the needs of the business are understood and that consistent and accurate results are reported and analysed. Support with the development and deployment of Zone projects as necessary,
- Understand the customer type and product profitability of the business to ensure investment in key areas to give the highest return on investment and maximisation of commercial margin.
You will be able to influence and convince your business colleagues and be able to provide clear and effective communication to all stakeholders
You must have an Accountancy qualification or equivalent (ACCA or CIMA qualification) and a minimum 5 years' experience as Business Partner or a similar role within a commercially focused environment.
You should be self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and together with a highly matrixed team.
You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider fosters the development of all its' people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The job offers a competitive salary and bonus scheme, great benefits which include 28 days' holiday and private health cover, and plenty of scope for progression.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.