About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This can be a virtual / remote position.
The Proposal Manager will lead the preparation of winning proposals that advance Schneider Electric's mission to deliver comprehensive energy solutions and services to the federal government, state and local governments, universities, schools, and hospitals through Energy Savings Performance Contracting.
The Proposal Manager will independently lead the proposal through the opportunity life cycle from proposal RFP release to post-proposal submission activities, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Proposal & Capture Team Manager, he/she will coordinate and monitor all phases of the proposal process in response to complex requests for qualifications/proposals/information (RFQ/RFP/RFIs), sources sought, and sole source solicitations. This includes directing diverse groups of proposal stakeholders, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, and developing proposal deliverables (response templates, annotated outlines, compliance matrices, proposal management plans, storyboards, and some content creation).
The Proposal Manager will oversee all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and win themes, and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP) Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline to be used as a key document design and control medium Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs Build the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfillment of all requirements Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded Conduct proposal kickoff meetings, regular proposal progress status meetings, and maintain the proposal schedule Develop a plan for the interim review and internal evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed Develop a plan for the final review and internal evaluation of the proposal Ensure that appropriate review comments are incorporated into the final proposal Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by the Business Development/Capture Manager/Proposal & Capture Team Manager
- Experience in managing federal RFPs is preferred
- Active membership and participation with the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) is preferred
- APMP Foundation Level certification is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of related experience
- Excellent writing skills if/when content creation is required
- Ability to work under time pressure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and integrated software applications as required
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.