About the Job
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer position is a key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team and will have responsibility for driving our assembly process to world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of his/her process using the Schneider Performance System.
Safety leadership, Quality focus, Customer service and plant productivity are critical to the success of the business.
A Manufacturing Engineer must be an excellent leader, influencer, communicator and project leader at all levels within the organization. Be collaborative, proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
- Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions.
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates, determine work standards, and develop and implement improvement within our processes.
- Supports project launch, process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance, line architecture, and material flow implementation
- Works on daily and long-term problems/projects using Quality and SPS tools including PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, CAPEX, SAP, work orders, CAD, etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solution
- Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement and leading projects to completion.
- Performs a variety of engineering work which may be related to process design/layout; mechanical; manufacturing; tooling, and safety.
- Supports new product development projects, determines cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
- Supports process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance along with development of Capital expenditure proposals.
- Works with other engineers, designers, maintenance technicians and hourly line associates to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support IDEA/continuous/Safety/Quality improvement implementation ALL UNDER the Schneider Production System (Schneider Electric's Lean manufacturing operations model) principles.
- Minimum of 4-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in Value Stream analysis; Lean manufacturing concepts (ie. 5S, Line architecture / 2 bin design, material providing and handling / route design, work instructions, etc.)
- Experience with root cause analysis utilizing problem solving tools identifying and correcting issues.
- Leading and participating experience on several kaizen events
- Provide examples of continuous improvement, both to existing processes and launch of new ones, positively impacting safety, quality, and overall labor efficiency metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred
- High level of English
- Green Belt Certification Required - Black Belt training desired
- Project Management training desired
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; project management experience
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate significant potential and mobility for future advancement to higher levels of leadership within manufacturing operations
- Significant knowledge and experience within business software related to Manufacturing and Capacity Planning such as SAP, ACCESS/SQL databases, and Excel
- Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
- Experience implementing projects resulting in measurable improvement(s) within labor efficiency, material flow, and overall equipment effectiveness
- Self-directed, reliable, and results oriented individual who drives results themselves and through others resulting in tangible positive impacts to Key performance indicators