Territory Manager (Sales) - Midwest
About the Job
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Territory Manager (TM) is a quota bearing sales role and business manager supporting regional accounts, driving territory business development, systems funnel growth and cross business unit collaboration in the Midwest (Southern Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia). This position is field based and requires up to 50% travel in the local territory to form new business relationships, discover new opportunities, generate proposals and close business. This is an aggressive outside sales position with a generous compensation plan and is a launch point for experienced professionals seeking growth and promotion to higher sales and leadership roles within Schneider Electric.
Main Responsibilities :
- Develop and manage to close a sales funnel within the Southern Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia territory
- Responsible for nurturing and advancing projects through sales cycle (Engage, Discover, Build Value, Advance) Leverage Channel Partners, Advanced Solutions Partners (ASP), Cross Business Unit resources and other internal subject matter experts in closing business Responsible for accurately delivering quarterly forecast
- Develop strategic business plans targeting growth opportunities Manage transition accounts and opportunities Collaborate with Channel to assist and develop relationships within key customer base
- Entrepreneurial activities that drive revenue and funnel growth in the territory including but not limited to the following:
- Target strategic growth segments and acquisition accounts in the territory Build relationships with key regional data center and industrial influencers Become a lead figure in the local market for data center and industrial critical infrastructure by engaging in industry groups, speaking engagements and events. Build a network of complimentary business partners like GC's, CE's, architects, Design Build firms, Low Voltage contractors and Service Providers that will generate leads and systems opportunities. Implement programs, events, blogs, webinars, trainings, social media, to drive awareness and thought leadership.
We are targeting an individual with relentless drive; outstanding presentation, written and verbal skills; ability to understand and navigate complicated business environments; and the ability to interpret and present complex technical solutions in simple terms. This role will require creativity in creating business opportunity, excellent time management, ability to delegate opportunities to partners and team-members, and a willingness to be the face and voice of Schneider Electric Secure Power Division in the territory.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- At least 2-3 years of successful technical sales experience to large corporate accounts
- A consultative, value-added sales approach
- Discipline and energy to maintain consistently high levels of activity
- Knowledge of IT environments, data center facilities and technologies in use today
- Experience with electrical and mechanical requirements of critical computing environments
- A working knowledge of business processes, profit and loss, market strategy, and financial terms
- Experience in use of CRM applications for time, contact and sales process management
- The ability to use a telephone, computer based tools and online presentations to drive business
- A commitment to customer support and the ability to maintain productive business relationships
- Prior APC/ Schneider Secure Power Division sales experience or product knowledge is highly desirable
We seek out and reward people for being focusing on the customer first, daring to disrupt, embracing different, seeking to learn every day, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.