Solution Technical Leader
About the Job
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Solution Technical Leader / Principal Engineer shall be responsible for guiding the large-project technical team during the bid response and engagement of execution resources for large, complex Data Center projects.
During offer development through project booking, this role will direct the technical definition with support from the application quotation teams and work with the delivery team on the execution set-up. They will ensure the project's technical objectives, risk profile, and customer expectations for the technical solution are captured through scope, schedule, and budget.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for setting, coordinating and communicating the overall project engineering/technical strategy in alignment with the customer expectations
· Responsible for evaluating technical specifications and associated deliverables (power distribution, control, and automation system architecture, useful technical description) for the customer response
· Based on customer priorities and project capture strategy, guides the development of the technical solution to ensure constructability, function, and value; optimizing in terms of quality, cost, timeliness, and completeness
· Ensures understanding of the technical performance of the solution and its fit with customer requirements
· Defines the project's technical work scope and breakdown structure planning - including organization and coordination of the project's technical/quotation team and the associated tasks
· Works with the procurement team when third party scope is required - specifies and verifies the adequacy of the supply specifications on time, with the quality and economic requirements with Contract Team when third party scope is required
· Drive technical/quotation teams to confirm with internal suppliers and service providers (i.e. site services) that full scope is provided taking schedule and budget in consideration
· Compiles technical clarifications and exceptions into project level detail, and delivers documents in customer-ready format to the tender team
· Leads technical design review meetings with Customers and technical/quotation team
· Active participant in tender capture team to share technical solution and adjacencies
· Assesses and feeds the project's technical risk into the overall risk understanding for a project - providing strategies to eradicate or minimize them
· Coordinates/delivers /compiles the technical offer and associated documents, including supplying input for/or completing bids forms - bill of material (BOM), drawings and goods/services pricing break-downs - translating the technical solution into required customer documentation
· Defends the choice of technical solution to the customer by possibly participate in negotiations
· Remains engaged through project booking to ensure optimum technical execution team set-up and transfer of knowledge for technical solution
· Provides subject matter expertise support to Project Engineer, Project/Program Manager and/or other team members as needed during execution
· Supports organization in the definition and refinement of project tools and process
15 years of experience in engineering of large construction projects - culminating in leading project/engineering teams.
· BS or MS Engineering or Construction Management Degree
Professional Engineering license preferred
· Demonstrated engineering leadership skills with Consulting, EPC, General Contractor, large Electrical Contractors, and End Users
· Comprehensive project cost estimating and value engineering experience
· Strong ability to evaluate and optimize multi-discipline engineering requirements of large projects
· Ability to navigate complexity and manage uncertainty with problem solving skill
· Fundamental understanding of engineering design process and ability to apply the concepts in an accelerated environment
· Comprehensive knowledge of Schneider Electric or similar product and services portfolio - especially MV and LV Electrical Distribution, including Ehouses, Automation, Monitoring, Control & Security Systems for Buildings, Process and Discrete Applications including Energy Management as well as Installation & Commissioning Services
· Customer-focused and results-oriented
· High attention to detail, while dealing with multiple priorities
· Strong communication skills
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.