Senior Customer Project Engineer
Schneider Electric Taipei, TPQ
About the Job
- Manage solution project with small/medium complexity within a single business.
- Accomplishes project objectives through financial close-out by planning and evaluating project activities and providing technical support.
- Steer, organize and lead project team and suppliers. Insure operational management of project team & suppliers. Can have hierarchical responsibilities Insure effective communication within the team for best team coordination and motivation.
- Manage project contract insuring fulfillment of Schneider Electric contractual obligations and application of its contractual rights. Drive project team and support functions via appropriate actions to timely recover customer receivables (payments…)
- Monitor, control & report project execution status, progress & KPIs. Ensure full & effective reporting to management (reports, project reviews, …). Inform timely leadership team about all key & relevant project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance principles
- Master project risks & opportunities via strong project team work over full contractual perimeter. Assess the analysis of all kinds of risks & opportunities (Financial, technical, commercial, ...) then define and carry till successful completion necessary actions to avoid or mitigate risks and achieve opportunities.
- Drive customer relationship (including end-user if applicable), leading and organizing all project team interaction with customer organisations (correspondences, emails, calls, meetings, ...). Insure highest level of customer satisfaction for both delivered solution and customer experience during project execution phase.
- Take full accountability over project profitability including 1) budget (cost & margin) forecasting, engagements follow-up & re-forecasting over all Schneider Electric involved entities; 2) Cash flow & working capital forecasting and follow-up; 3) Successful implementation of all profitability improvement actions.
- Ensure project team and suppliers are executing the project in full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, quality instructions and governance principles. Take all necessary actions to correct any deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution.
- Handle successfully Project transfer from Selling to Execution phases via adequate involvement with Sales & Tendering team prior to the transfer. Can support bid preparation and/or final contract negotiation.
- Contribute strongly to PM Community of Practice within his Execution Center and globally within Execution Center network. Identify, formalize, share and promote lessons learned and best practices. Act as role model and/or coach of junior PMs.
- University Degree (Engineering and/or Business)
- English fluency is a must.
- A nother language will be valuable.
- Minimum 5 years in Customer Project environment.
- 3 years as Project Manager with experience managing large teams, remote project team management is a plus.
- Cross functional
- Strong communication skills to foster collaboration from different stakeholders toward a common goal
- Proven leadership skills in project context focusing despite stress and headwinds on business objectives
- Ability to understand, influence & convince in a matrix organisation