About the Job
The Inbound Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Receiving, put-away and returns departments. Responsibilities include staffing, training, safety, scheduling, receiving, processing returns, equipment maintenance and loss prevention. Manage and develop inbound members by Providing training and leadership.
- Ensure all daily and monthly KPI`s are met and are updated
- Monitor inventory control clerks' productivity, efficiency and accuracy of all processes (TO`s/hr.)
- Assist employees with work process problems .
- Examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers .
- Issue written and oral instructions .
- Ensure planning, performance & feedback meetings are held (SIM1)
- Identify workload of all given areas and shift personnel to areas where additional personnel are needed
- Ability to prioritize workflow and communicate priorities effectively with inventory control clerks.
- Assist department manager by identifying work procedures in a priority manner and expedite workflow
- Prepare and execute bi annual stock counts and cycle counts
- Ensure daily and weekly workloads are being assessed and that agents are working optimally.
- Ensure notification of price changes are communicated and implemented timorously.
- Communicate all issues and provide solutions where possible, i.e. failed deliveries, out of stocks etc.
- Ad hoc Duties as and when required, (Overtime etc.)
Administration and Control
- Ensure daily activity and status reports are done timorously.
- Check & action Sweep reports (LL01, ZVFJ, LX03 QC and GR etc.)
- Provide data and reports as and when required to management.
- Adhere to the Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Schneider Performance System (SPS)
- Assist in training of new staff members to reduce DCR and LDR
- Plan and coordinate together with transport department the scheduling of stock deliveries, (LCL and FCL)
- Assess feasibility and obtain authorization prior to processing special deliveries, (manual deliveries and free issues)
- Communicate unresolved stock discrepancies and providing details and action taken.
- Respond to Internal enquiries and provide resolution.
- Ensure any discrepancies are followed up with Suppliers, DSP and transport department and CR`s are created in time.
- Supervise the time management of the Inbound team and address as and when necessary.
- Ensure all Inbound team are well informed of all processes, procedures & policies.
- Ensure all leave requests are attended too, once approved employee's capture on SAP or manual leave forms.
- Ensure that all staff understand and effectively and apply the Schneider Electric Culture.
- Ensure 100% adherence to the Company Rules and the Schneider Electric Disciplinary Code.
- Implement and maintain performance management with all staff.
- Handle disciplinary enquiries as and when needed.
- Assess staff training needs.
- Recruitment of staff.
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating, rewards and incentive schemes.
- Ensure an effective working relationship is maintained with Internal customers.
- Diploma in Supply chain or relevant qualification NQF6
- Possession of a Bachelors in Procurement, Supply Chain or Business related is an added advantage
- Sap knowledge a must (WMS)
- 3-5 years' experience in busy warehouse environment
- Excel skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication