Schneider Electric Bangalore, Karnataka
About the Job
- Platform Engineer is r esponsible for sustaining engineering of single phase power distribution systems and environmental monitoring products. Core function of job is to drive investigation and resolution of issues that negatively affect the quality, performance, and reliability of these products. Responsibilities will include support of Manufacturing plants, Engineering Teams and Offer Quality group through corrective actions to resolve manufacturing and field issues. Other responsibilities will include qualifying new/revised parts to resolve supply chain, quality and cost issues(QVE, EOL.. etc), generating and implementing of Engineering Change Orders and performing competitive product analysis during pilot builds.
- Provide failure analysis of returned products including 48 hour turnaround analysis for critical customers. Implement design changes through ECO. Implement design changes using 7 Step Corrective Action Process & Root Cause Analysis using 6 Sigma methodologies. Design of experiments to support in simulating critical field failures and analyze root cause. Represent sustaining engineering in design reviews with all New Projects. Develop and update part drawings using Coreldraw or Cadkey or Solidworks.
- Qualify alternate components and improved components. Perform part level and product level testings including reliability tests.
Experience- Minimum required:
- 3~5 years of industrial experience in the field of power electronics sustaining engineering or relevant product experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in single and three phase power electronics, distribution and control. Ability to understand the product functioning from schematics and perform part/product testing and analysis. Ability to define, use and perform Part or Product Validation Plan in accordance with Engineering expectations. Should have good analytical and problem solving skills in resolving complex technical issues using 7 Step, 6 Sigma or 8D methodologies. Should have good knowledge on tools like FMEA, RCA, FTA, CTQ..etc Should proficient with MS Office( MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Be able to work effectively in cross functional teams.
Knowledge and skills-recommended:
- Experience with networking protocals (TCP/IP) and serial communications (RS232) Ability to work with NHR Load equipment and 3 phase power sources Exposure to BOM, ECN/ECO, PEP, PRB, Part Specification, Part Qualification Request process Exposure to ESD, UL/CSA/VDE standards Knowledge of Coreldraw or other CAD equivalents to handle Electrical improvement projects Good interpersonal communication skills and experience in working with global teams
Education- Minimum required level:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent.