Schneider Electric Bangalore, Karnataka
About the Job
Key responsibilities: .
- Platform Engineer is r esponsible for sustaining engineering of single phase power distribution systems and environmental monitoring products. Core function of job is to drive investigation and resolution of issues that negatively affect the quality, performance, and reliability of these products. Responsibilities will include support of Manufacturing plants, Engineering Teams and Offer Quality group through corrective actions to resolve manufacturing and field issues. Other responsibilities will include qualifying new/revised parts to resolve supply chain, quality and cost issues (QVE, EOL. etc), generating and implementing of Engineering Change Orders and performing competitive product analysis during pilot builds.
- Provide failure analysis of returned products including 48 hour turnaround analysis for critical customers. Implement design changes through ECO. Implement design changes using 7 Step Corrective Action Process & Root Cause Analysis using 6 Sigma methodologies. Design of experiments to support in simulating critical field failures and analyze root cause. Represent sustaining engineering in design reviews with all New Projects. Design develop and update plastic and sheet metal part drawings using Coreldraw, Cadkey or Solidworks. Qualify alternate components and improved components. Perform part level and product level testing including reliability tests.
- 3~5 years of industrial experience in the field of plastic and sheet metal products or relevant product experience.
- Ability to define, use and perform Part or Product Validation Plan in accordance with Engineering expectations. Should have good analytical and problem-solving skills in resolving complex technical issues using 7 Step, 6 Sigma or 8D methodologies. Should have good knowledge on tools like DFM, RCA, FTA, GD&T, CTQ.etc Working knowledge of Pro/E, Creo, Solidworks and other CAD equivalents to handle mechanical improvement projects. Exposure to BOM, ECN/ECO, PEP, PRB, Part Specification, Part Qualification Request process is desirable. Should be proficient with MS Office( MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Be able to work effectively in cross functional teams.
Education- Minimum required level:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.