OEM Business Development Specialist
About the Job
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is accountable for the promotion and sale of Schneider Electric's products/solutions/services to OEM accounts in specified region under the direction of the Southern Region OEM Sales Manager. Develops new sales opportunities as well as addresses and services the needs of established accounts. Utilizes excellent offering, application, competitor, and customer knowledge to develop and present winning value propositions for Schneider solutions. Responsible for developing account penetration strategies to profitably grow the business.
Note- this position could be filled in either Indianapolis to cover the Tampa, FL sales area.
Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Sets goals and objectives, develops/enacts sales/business strategies, establishes call plans and strategies, develops account profiles and executes sales plans. This frequently is in coordination with channel and/or other Schneider sales assets. Applies market and account skills necessary for dealing with target customer audiences. Overall account management duties of assigned customer list Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction through increased availability/access, timely communication, assisting with orders, and following up on accounts. This also includes having an in-depth knowledge of customer's organization, a mutually trusting relationship and an account dedication. Responsible for a superior working knowledge in motor control & discrete automation in addition to electrical systems.
- Documented success selling machine control and automation in the OEM market space
- Strategic selling is second nature. Has ability to uncover decision makers, penetrate C-level, and determine/address personal motivations.
- Ability to conceptualize both technical and commercial strategies.
- Consultative sales person not a "presenter" or order taker
- Has general working knowledge (sales level) of PLC's, AC Drives, HMI, motion control, and in depth knowledge of motor control, general controls, and circuit protection.
- Experience with salesforce a plus