Multi Technologies, Senior Design Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is for a strong Technical Engineering Leader for new product development & product evolution for Low Voltage Equipment team in Monterrey but with high level of interaction with the design center located @ Smyrna, TN.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of Product Development experience with Low Voltage Electrical Distribution products for industrial and commercial applications. These products are manufactured in multiple countries including the USA, Canada and Mexico and supplied to customers around the world. Development experience must include electrical distribution equipment with integration of molded case circuit breakers, metering & other digital communication devices. This position requires an understanding of the impact of cost, the ability to apply industrial codes and standards to new and existing product design and project leadership skills.
- Primarily support to Low Voltage Equipment.
- Understanding customer needs, competitors, technical and market trends and coordinate product development requirements with the Marketing Team. Ensure that appropriate analysis and internal/ANSI/UL testing has been executed/reviewed/approved by qualified personnel to meet project requirements.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with best in class engineering techniques such as DFMEA, DOE, DFA/DFM, Risk Analysis & FEA.
- Understand manufacturing processes, material properties and the design of plastic moldings, mechanism design, castings, sheet steel parts, dielectric and conductive components designed and producible to six-sigma standards.
- Design products optimized for performance and cost utilizing 3D parametric CAD (Creo/Pro-E).
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of industrial standards, quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure project risks are identified and actions taken to mitigate risks.
- Understand the importance and impact of intellectual property.
- Coordinate with the program manager and cross functional teams on the Design, Safety and Peer Reviews on the project.
- Ability to understand and design electrical diagrams for Power, Control and Communications
- Knowledge in Communication Protocols like Modbus (TCP/IP), Ethernet, CanOpen, Devicenet, Profibus, etc.
- Knowledge in Electrical Distribution Systems, Topologies and Architectures - MV Substations, Transformers, Switchboard, Switchgear, Motor Control Centers, Protection and Coordination, Auto-Transfer schemes, Variable Frequency Drives, Soft Starters, etc.
- Knowledge in Codes and Standards, Lab testing for verification, Type Tests, or Certification Tests - UL, CSA, IEC, NEC, ANSI, etc.
- Understanding of Electrical phenomena like Short Circuit, Interrupting Capacity, Arc Flash, etc.
- Systems Engineering
- Knowledge in PLC and I/O Modules is a plus
- The position requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Electro Mechanical Engineering with strong Electrical design experience (MSEE preferred). It also requires the ability to provide product knowledge, technical expertise, and strong problem-solving support.
- Must be self-motivated, team & customer orientated, adaptable, committed to setting and meeting challenging schedules, managing multiple activities and effective verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Proficient with English Business Level.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.