Electromechanics / Electrotechnology Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We are looking for an Electromechanics Engineer for our Cedar Rapids, Iowa office to lead the evolution of circuit breaker product lines.
- Responsible for engineering and project administration activities related to specific circuit breaker product families
- Application of the Product Evolution Process (PEP) for miniature circuit breakers (MCB)
- Identify product or fabrication improvement actions
- Coordinate prototype build ups from the model shop
- Engineering materials selection
- Statistical analysis of product control data
- Create UL 489 audit/validation plans and execution
- Tolerance Analysis of components and assemblies
- Create and/or update DFMEA and participate on PFMEA and AFMEA
- Fault tree/Risk analysis
- Product configuration control (Bills of materials, engineering drawings, product change requests, deviations, qualification)
This job might be for you if you meet the following requirements:
- Travel 10-15% to customer sites and manufacturing plants.
- BSc in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, (Physics or Materials majors are acceptable), Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in electromechanical mass production industries (e. g. electrical distribution products, automotive, electro domestic products, sensors and actuators, etc.). Leadership, communication and people skills.
Training and/or experience in some of the following areas:
- Residential or industrial wiring methods and practices. National Electric code.
- Mechanics of materials
- Kinematics of mechanisms, in particular multi-bar and latching systems
- Applied Statistics (ANOVA, DOE, Process Capability/Control)
- CAE (Finite Element/Finite Differences)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Basic CAD (Pro E/Creo)
- Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals
- Thermo-plastic and Thermo-set polymers
- Applied Dimensioning/Tolerance of Components and Assemblies
- Heat Transfer
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.