About the Job
Make the most of your energy with a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€24 billion in FY2018, our c 137,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team at ASCO Loadbank as a Design Engineer that will be working in our site at Stamford, UK and reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
ASCO Loadbank are world leaders in the design and manufacture of power test equipment. Established in 1947 ASCO Loadbank (N J Froment & Co Ltd) are accredited to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and have a rich history of providing best-in-class precision engineered products.
Responsible for the design of load banks and dynamometers with focus primarily on mechanical design with some electrical content
Your responsibilities include:
- Working with a team of design engineers, technicians, external subcontractors and consultants.
- Day-to-day mechanical engineering design of load banks and dynamometers.
- Creating production and engineering documents, approvals and bills of materials (BOM).
- Issuing and managing technical documentation and design packages
- Value engineering, product improvement and cost reduction including the analysis of alternative solutions and lowest cost/best performance to produce modern, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Keeping abreast and well-informed on new developments relevant to ASCO load banks products and systems.
- You should be a self-motivated and enthusiastic person.
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in design of switchgear enclosures
- Industrial Low Voltage knowledge would be useful
- Graduate calibre, possibly with a degree in either an engineering or business-related discipline. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered, based on relevance, achievements and experience.
- You must have experience in Microsoft Office and full proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD electrical and Inventor preferred)
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.