Field Support Engineer
About the Job
Make the most of your energy with a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€24 billion in FY2018, our c 137,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team at ASCO Load Banks as a Field Support Engineer that will be working in our site at Stamford, UK and reporting directly to the Customer Support Manager. In this role you will be required to travel to the customer sites typically 50% of your time, including client sites worldwide.
ASCO Load Banks are world leaders in the design and manufacture of power test equipment. Established in 1947 ASCO Load Banks (N J Froment & Co Ltd) are accredited to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and have a rich history of providing best-in-class precision engineered products.
Working with the service team to ensure customers enjoy the highest level of support and service throughout the lifetime of their product.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing direct customer support for all ASCO Load Banks and Dynamometer products supplied through the Froment factory. Support is provided by telephone, email, remote connection or on site, dependent on each individual case.
- Ensure that warranty claims are dealt with in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of both the customer and the company.
- Electro and mechanical repair and testing of systems down to component level.
- Commissioning, testing, training, and routine planned maintenance at customer sites worldwide. Travel will often be at short notice, typically for periods no longer than one week however, flexibility around longer durations and weekend working are required.
- Produce documented Risk Assessments and Method Statements. Ensuring these are always followed and evaluated where necessary to maintain the safest working practices.
- Ensure response and resolution dates are met in accordance with the Company's quality systems and agreed SLA's.
- Generate reports, commissioning documents, fault analysis and certification following repairs and maintenance work.
- Use SAP B1 system to log service call details, fault codes and resolutions from initial contact to final resolution.
- Contribute to and prepare service/warranty trend analysis.
- Liaise with Sales department to prepare all necessary service quotations.
- Liaise with Design, Production and Sales departments to aid in the continuous improvement of products and inform where future sales opportunities may be present.
- Ensure all Statutory and Corporate Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality System and International Trade Compliance procedures are followed, and requirements are met.
- Maintain Company standards, representing the business in an ethical and professional manner in all circumstances.
- You will have minimum of 5+ years' experience in a service role including worldwide travel.
- Minimum ONC or equivalent Electrical Engineering .
- Preferably undergone formal training, such as a structured apprenticeship
- You should be a self-motivated and enthusiastic person.
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You must have proven track record in the support and repair of industrial control systems including start-up/commissioning and maintenance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You must be proficient in MS Office and SAP or equivalent ERP systems.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.