Senior Legal Counsel
About the Job
About us: Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€24 billion in FY2018, our c 137,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On
Do you want to be part of a dynamic legal team working for a global company?
Do you have a passion for success?
We are looking for a 5+ PQE solicitor to operate as In-House Legal Counsel in our fast-paced legal team. You must be able to work proactively and closely with the business and have excellent legal and communication skills.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as Legal Counsel based in our offices in Galway or Maynooth.
If this is, you then please apply now!
You will be responsible for delivery of legal services to our Irish operations as part of a larger regional team. You will operate as a key business partner to provide high quality legal services and strategic legal support and advice.
Work on a wide range of commercial matters to support the local organisations, many of which contain international elements.
- Prepare & review tenders & contracts & support negotiations.
- Prepare templates.
- Provide claims support and oversee litigation.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and Group policies.
- Support local real estate matters & employment issues.
- Provide training and facilitate our compliance programmes.
- Other local legal support as reasonably required by Legal Management.
- A fully qualified lawyer authorized to practice in Ireland with a Master/Bachelor of Laws degree or equivalent and at least 5 years' PQE in commercial & competition law, and preferably in a Construction, Oil & Energy, or Renewables & Environment sector.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and PC literate.
- In-house experience is preferred although not essential.
- Able to identify & analyse critical business issues & apply legal expertise to deliver solutions.
- Confident with fantastic interpersonal skills, commercially minded, highly organized & able to work effectively in teams.
- Able to work independently and manage large volumes of work.
Generous bonus scheme and competitive benefits package.
- Regular travel within the UKI zone is required.
- Occasional travel to other locations in Europe is expected as business need is determined.
- Travel may include some overnight stays.
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career! You will be joining an international, dynamic and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider Electric fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice - apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organization, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.