About the Job
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Solution Contract Manager's mission is to either supervise and coach Contract Managers and Administrators to or independently:
- support the Solution Business on projects during the entire project lifecycle;
- review, negotiate and deal with contractual, financial and tax related aspects in accordance with the rules of engagement defined with the subject matter experts;
- ensure compliance with Group policies and liaise with corporate functions as and when required;
- add value to the organization through monitoring and supporting the project execution, participate in project reviews, support on identifying and pursuing variation orders and claims;
- develop a culture of best practices.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Perform a contract review (including terms and conditions) in accordance with the rules of engagement and in consultation with Legal, propose winning contractual set-up;
- Identify, review and mitigate financial, legal, and commercial risks in consultation with the relevant subject matter experts;
- Negotiate contracts (including terms and conditions) with customers or subcontractors along with opportunity leader taking direction from Legal if needed;
- Ensure back to back terms with key suppliers where appropriate;
- Review final contract against agreed and approved position;
- Perform a contract handover to the execution team, ensuring their understanding of key contractual aspects.
- Administer the project execution against contractual rights and obligations;
- Ensure that contractual obligations are performed, properly documented and closely followed up;
- Support project manager on risk and opportunity identification and management;
- Identify, prepare, submit, and negotiate variation orders and claims with both customer and subcontractors in a timely and effective manner;
- Draft contractual correspondence in consultation with Legal as required;
- Participate in project reviews, propose and support mitigation actions as required;
- Ensure local tax, bonding, insurance & customs issues are identified and addressed
- Coach the team members on all contract management related matters;
- Drive cultural change to improve identifying, controlling and mitigating key contract risks;
- Implement and manage the CPP Change Order & Claim Approach to push for margin improvement;
- Manage the upskilling initiative of the team;
- Ensure compliance and consistency with roles and responsabilities of the team members;
- Increase competency levels through coaching, training, and development plans in coordination with HR and the Solution University as required;
- Deploy corporate tools, templates, processes, systems, and guidelines.
This job might be for you if:
- Graduated and/or business school and/or engineer diploma: Master's degree or equivalent BAC+5, business administration, international trade and/or law
- Diploma, certification or equivalent in contract management
- Strong experience in contract management in a project environment or project/finance management
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.