Account Manager - Donor Recruitment
About the Job
If you are energetic, self-motivated, enjoy working with volunteers and like the fast pace of sales, the American Red Cross has an opportunity for you!
We have an opening on our Illinois Donor Recruitment team in the Chicago (Cook County) metro area for an outside Sales Account Manager in Donor Recruitment who is responsible for working with blood drive coordinators and donor groups to achieve blood collection targets for area blood drives.
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
- Plan and implement effective strategies to recruit, retain and manage sponsor organizations and relationships to achieve established blood collection goals.
- Develop potential Sponsor leads.
- Perform all functions of Account Managers within assigned jurisdiction to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual recruitment goals.
- Educate Sponsor chairpersons and recruitment committees in organizational requirements.
- Provide ongoing support to Sponsors and implement appropriate special donor recruitment programs.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, communications or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
- Minimum 5 year's related experience required.
- Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including training and presentation skills is required.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
In this position, you can expect a salary in the 50k base range + monthly incentives as well as a vehicle stipend (as use of your personal vehicle is required).
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.