About the Job
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
The Account Specialist provides day to day administration and customer service to 200+ group insurance clients (10 - 250 lives) ensuring persistency, growth, and profitability goals are achieved. They serve as the main contact for the client’s ongoing service and are directly accountable for client satisfaction and enhancing the customer experience. A successful Account Specilaist demonstrates a strong customer service acumen, problem solving, and product knowledge with a high degree of operational effectiveness.
- Respond to client requests. Work with producers and policyholders to understand concerns and needs, and act as liaison between home office departments and the client to interpret existing contract, initiate plan improvements, resolve administrative inconsistencies and answer commission, claims, premium and evidence questions.
- Coordinate the submission of new groups. Work with the policyholder, producer, sales, underwriting and billing to set up and install new cases. Understand the sold case parameters to be engaged throughout the new sale process.
- Manage the amendment process to make changes to the policyholder’s contracts, following underwriting, compliance and administration guidelines.
- Collaborate with the sales representative to negotiate renewals with underwriting, communicating clients’ risks, and opportunities; prepare and present renewal to client. Understand, interpret, and clearly deliver claims experience reporting data.
- Comprehend and clearly communicate the provisions of the Standard insurance products (Life, Dental, Vision, Disability, Statutory, and Voluntary Benefits).
- Identify and promote the sale of additional lines of coverage or plan improvements highlighting new product offerings and enhanced product features.
- Facilitate the enrollment and re-enrollment process, which may involve preparation of enrollment materials, conducting on-site enrollment meetings or being present at benefit fairs.
- Provide education to client on the Standard billing and reporting web-site capabilities and navigation.
- Work closely with underwriters, claims, billing, and other internal departments to facilitate smooth operational functions.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
2. Experience: 3 to 5 years progressively responsible work experience in Employee Benefits including customer service, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
3. Professional certification required: Life and Disability insurance license for all states within the office’s assigned territory. License must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.