Advanced Financial Analytic Consultant
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The Consumer Home Lending Controller’s Group is seeking a high-performing Individual to become part of the Accounting Analytics team. This position will be responsible for supporting the overall data strategy for the Home Lending Controller’s Group in coordination with our business line and corporate partners. The new hire will work with a team of Analytics professionals that support large scale initiatives across CLG, provide a variety of data management, reporting, and analytical services for the accounting and financial reporting teams within Home Lending, as well as multiple stakeholders across CLG and at the corporate level. This role will require strong communication skills, analytical background, strategic orientation and concise and in-depth analysis utilizing multiple querying tools to various areas throughout Wells Fargo, including, but not limited to, the business unit, executive management and communications. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Analyzes business issues and make recommendations to maximize operational efficiency, quality and compliance.
• Works independently to analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related and/or customer issues.
• Creates and maintains data repositories to track operation critical processes and provide management reports while interpreting data and identifying trends for managers.
• Administers daily and weekly jobs that populate data repositories to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Works with managers to apply data to business goals and analytical requirements, which may include capacity planning, volume forecasting and unit costing.
• Manages small projects requiring coordination, resource allocation, time management and consultation to other analysts on the team.
• Identify, develop and implement policies, procedures and training materials to assure compliance with government regulations and to maximize efficiency and customer service.
• Offer guidance and serve as a mentor to the other analysts within the team.
• Serve as a valuable resource to the other members of the Accounting Analytics team while promoting knowledge sharing and team collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
•Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
•Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Exceptional troubleshooting, technical, and resolution skills.
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation with specific proficiency within a SAS environment.
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation with specific proficiencies within a SQL Server environment; including stored procedure/macro creation, data transfers between various platforms, etc.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.