Agent Manager ICA, Medicare & Retirement - Northern VA (NOVA)
About the Job
The purpose of this job is to supervise and train Independent Career Agents (ICA) and/or Territory Agent Managers who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50+. This ICA Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales/membership growth targets through the agents in his/her territory/territories.
NOVA Market Counties: Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Stafford
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within Virginia as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the ICA Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Act as a liaison between ICA’s and UHG sales process owners to ensure ICA’s are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc
- Partner with the Community Developer (CD) and Sales Director (SD) to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; providers, regulators, faith-based organizations FBO’s, and associations)
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Facilitate engagement of ICA’s in executing these plans and ensure that ICA’s appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Compliance: Ensure ICA’s adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations and company policies and procedures
- Organize activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Conduct ride-alongs to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Coach/develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Provide a structured certification process, training processes and the available systems tools
- Coach and manage performance
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned ICA’s have to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Continually build and nurture ICA agents
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Effectively communicate complex information via in person presentations, phone conversations and emails
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- State health insurance license is a requirement for this position by State law
- 3+ years of Medicare or managed care sales experience
- Proficient in MS/Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point)
- Reliable vehicle, driving record in good standing and appropriate insurance
- Ability to travel up to 75% time
- Live in/within commutable distance to this NOVA market area
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of work experience
- Broker management experience
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans
- Established relationships in non-profit, senior centers, etc.
- Proven professional relationships within broker market or network sources
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Job Keywords: Agent Manager ICA, Medicare & Retirement, Medicare, Managed Care, Sales, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, NOVA, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Stafford, Northern VA, VA, Virginia