Analytic Consultant Financial Crimes
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Compliance Analytics (CA), within Compliance Strategy and Operations, is looking for qualified candidates to join an exciting team focused on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) analytics that lead to successful delivery of Risk Management solutions to Wells Fargo & Co.
This position will report to a Compliance Analytics Manager responsible for AML Analytics. Areas of responsibility can include:
- Partnering with Wells Fargo Clearing Services, a non-bank subsidiary providing investment and brokerage services to U.S. and international clients, to design and develop AML/CTF monitoring programs
- Utilizing internal & external data to provide insights, develop analytical strategies, and provide analytical support regarding a wide array of business initiatives in the Financial Crimes space
- Understanding and expanding the existing landscape of Anti-Money Laundering and counter-terrorist financing surveillance
- Supporting the design, development, and production of AML/CTF monitoring programs related to Wells Fargo Securities, Foreign Exchange, and correspondent Financial Institution monitoring
- Partnering with business and technical partners to design and implement analytic solutions
This job requires use of multiple databases, adherence to internal data management regulations and policies, and adherence to external regulatory bodies and requirements. The candidate will also assist with the documentation of enhancements, model validation, change requests, data access requests, and UAT testing as necessary.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.