Anchor/Multimedia Journalist Reporter - Bronx, NY
About the Job
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 The Bronx is looking for the right individual to be the primary presenter of news and other content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of news. The News Anchor/Multimedia Reporter will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and other content presentation. Develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Will act as field reporter as assigned as well as respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. The candidate must have the ability to independently shoot, write and edit clear, relevant and meaningful news stories. Position is responsible for participating in promotional activities including public appearances, will also participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of four years full-time professional news experience including two years anchoring experience preferred.
- Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of local and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required.
- Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media.
- Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Adobe Premier.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.