Northwell Health New York, NY
About the Job
Job DescriptionAssists physicians to perform interventional cardiology and endovascular procedures.
- Assists physicians during interventional and select diagnostic procedures.
- Records pertinent data on preliminary reports and keeps database accurate. Following the physician validation of the report, the data is placed in the patient’s medical record.
- Under physician supervision, may administer local anesthesia and inserts arterial and venous sheaths using proper technique.
- Participates in cardiology and endovascular research.
- Evaluates new instruments, equipment, and other interventional specialty items and makes recommendations. Assists in the standardization of equipment in order to ensure cost effectiveness and positive patient outcomes.
- Attends and assists various departmental conferences. Remains current on changes in interventional cardiology and endovascular procedures through literature reviews and conferences.
- Performs arterial sheath removal. Recognizes situations requiring immediate assistance and provides emergency assistance, as needed.
- Provides assessment, treatment, and patient care responsibilities with knowledge of patient growth and development, and are as appropriate to the ages of the patient served.
- Participates in development of protocols and procedures for use in laboratories, as they relate to interventional procedures.
- Monitors and assesses inventory of angioplasty supplies and equipment on a continual basis.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiovascular Technology required AND Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), required.
ORGraduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program, New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist required AND American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (R.T.), required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of catheterization laboratory or operating room experience with experience in sterile techniques.
- Knowledge of current pericutaneus transluminal coronary angioplasty practices, required.
- BLS and ACLS Certification.
- Ability to read and interprethemodynamic and electrocardiograms.
- Ability to function efficiently during emergencies.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.