Apps Programmer/Analyst 2
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join the PVSI (Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovations), ECAPS (exchange check and payment systems support) team. The Application Programmer Analyst position will support the team by performing non-progamming tasks as assigned. Responsibilities will be:
• Take direction from the lead team member to define work in conjunction with the incremental and base projects.
• Responsible for completing change control documentation in support of all changes, work with project managers to define requirements for projects.
• Write function System Design documents using Project Business Requirements documents. Assist with completion of project and application test plans. Perform systems testing, track and verify that all required testing is complete and validated, log and track all testing issues to ensure they are resolved before installation. Define and complete regression testing as required.
• Attend project meetings as the liaison between the business users and the programmers.
• Maintain department documentation pertaining to systems and business operations, work to identify issues before they impact production, work to resolve all issues as reported by users or fellow team members, and escalate issues to team or technical lead.
• This position entails working closely with others in a virtual environment across multiple time zones.
• Provides technical systems support within a technology organization.
• Provides support for routine technical issues and initiatives related to assigned applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services
• Uses diagnostic tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore standard service or data to systems and escalates as appropriate to meet established service level agreements
• Assists with routine migrations from development to production, upgrades or installations
• Write basic queries to extract data and validates data loads
• Assist with project sizing efforts
• Updates documentation and procedures
• Troubleshoots network, hardware and software issues under close supervision and escalates problems
• Understands BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements for supported areas
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational, & problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in keyboard and typing skills
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.