Asset Protection Ops Manager Pageland SC - Distribution Center
Walmart PAGELAND, SC
About the Job
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
- Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives
- Oversees warehouse daily operations
- Prepare, review, and/or analyze business reports, and use information to identify operational improvements (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management, Criminal Justice, Safety, Environmental) and 1 year experience in an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Asset Protection Area Manager OR 3 years in a management role in Asset Protection or safety field developing and executing strategies to reduce accidents and minimize loss (e.g., accident prevention, theft deterrence, safety, fire protection and environmental management) supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience monitoring and managing compliance with local, state, and federal regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, DEA)
- Both Bachelor's Degree in an industry related field (e.g. Criminal Justice, Criminology, Safety, Environmental) and 3 years in a management role in any industry supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees
- Certification in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Loss Prevention Professional (LPP), Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Safety & Health Technologist (OHST))
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.