Assistant Escrow & Title Developer
About the Job
Company SummaryFirst American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
Establish new vacation ownership escrow accounts and process transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures for large development projects in a high volume production environment. Receive contracts from developers from a variety of sources, review contract documents and verify data accuracy. Coordinate recording transactions and perform escrow closings. Maintain and verify financial and inventory records. Create title insurance policies for each transaction and distribute according to service level agreement. Prepare tax documents as may be required.
- Focus on production related tasks.
- Review contracts.
- Import data and financial records.
- Prepare batches.
- Review recordable documents, checking for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinate recording.
- Assist with post-closing activities.
- Does not typically have customer contact.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to manage high volume of data and information
- Communication skills: verbal and written
- Teamwork skills
- Proficient MS Office skills set; specifically Excel skills
- Familiarity with basic real estate terms preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically an entry level position
- Some office experience preferred