Associate Manager, Strategy & Digital Initiatives
Petco San Diego, CA
About the Job
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
This position will support the overall growth strategy of the category, own and manage customer digital growth initiatives that drive acquisition and conversion of customers. In collaboration with the business manager, this position will be responsible for launching new business initiatives that are aligned with the overall business strategy.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Understand the customer landscape for the category and develop digital acquisition strategies
- Co-Incubate and drive digital initiatives and innovation
- Lead cross functional teams for launching new digital initiatives e.g. on-demand services, In Home services
- Project manage and lead business plans with cross-functional partners and field teams.
- Oversee a digital roadmap in partnership with Ecommerce and Product teams
- Collaborate with Ecommerce and marketing to continuously improve site experience and further driver innovation
- Oversee the marketing and promotional process in collaboration with the services manager and marketing partner
- Collaborate with Services Manager on daily activities including monitoring and cascading keys sales and customer insights, researching and tracking competitive intelligence, maintaining key promotional databases to drive optimization and improvement.
- Prepare and/or collaborate in the preparation of field and operations communications to ensure proper and actionable (timely) information is provided on special issues/concerns.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned, and directed.
This position will lead a cross-functional team over which it does not have direct administrative authority. This position is expected to independently lead these teams through the successful development and execution of strategic plans and tactical imperatives to support the business plan for the assigned category(s).
Operates in a standard office environment. The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Day and overnight domestic travel to vendors, seminars and/or conferences is required periodically throughout the year. Extended domestic and overseas travel may occur periodically throughout the year.
Education and Experience:
Normally requires a bachelor’s degree and experience preferably in digital marketing, merchandising, marketing, or related domains. Requires a minimum of one to three years progressively in a digital line of business for a B2C business, with experience in CX, on-demand services, preferably in consumer digital content space. With at least one-year experience in managing digital commerce or hands on experience creating on-demand content
This position requires advanced business acumen and analytical skills necessary for proper financial modeling and management of assigned category(s), including the ability to control financial metrics required to achieve profit objectives. Must have advanced computer skills, including MS Office Suite and the aptitude to learn and utilize new internal applications. Additionally, this position requires a highly advanced level of knowledge, competency and continued development in the following areas with the ability to effectively:
- Leadership – Lead small team of associates and or cross-functional partners
- Communication – Communicate using formal and informal means of communication
- Management of multiple projects
- Identify and seize opportunities to drive growth and profitability
- Champion change management efforts through disciplined management and a great attitude
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a US Passport for international travel.