Associate Pharmacy Care Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ
About the Job
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRx, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a Pharmacy Care Coordinator, you'll be responsible for consulting with patients, physicians, providers, internal departments and/or external third parties. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you work to coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co - pay assistance, ancillary products, scheduling Pharmacist consults and/or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance.
- Review medical case notes to determine on going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of moderately complex activities.
- Proactively identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Solves moderately complex problems on own.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of pharmacy related experience in a retail and/or call center setting
- AZ State Pharmacy Technician License or Trainee License
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift between 6:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday with rotating weekends
- National registration in AZ
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, call center, retail pharmacy, OptumRx, Pharmacy Care Coordinator, pharmacy technician, hiring immediately