Bioinformatics Scientist, NGS
About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Position Summary/Overview: We are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist who will be responsible for developing algorithms, implementing pipelines and analyzing NGS data as part of an interdisciplinary team of biologists, chemists and engineers. As part of the Agilent Genomics team, you will play a key role in the assay development process through development and implementation of novel genomics and molecular biology solutions for the research and clinical application fields.
The Bioinformatics Scientistwill work closely with this interdisciplinary team to characterize and improve the performance of our next gen sequencing assays. This involves data at all stages of the workflow from raw sequencing data to final variant calls.
- Collaborate with biochemists, hardware and signal processing engineers to design experiments and interpret the corresponding data.
- Analyze large amounts of NGS data to identify potential deficiencies in the system and work to improve overall system performance by proposing experimental or algorithmic solutions.
- Design and develop new algorithms and extend existing algorithms, quality control metrics, and analysis pipelines.
- Explore novel algorithmic approaches to mining of genomic variant data.
- Gather, organize,and analyze data, identify key prediction/classification problems, devise solutions and build prototypes to enforce and guide development of new genomic assays.
- Interact with biologists and engineers to understand experimental methods and deviations associated with data
- Present data to multi-disciplinary audience of scientists and engineers
- Document work and share knowledge with colleagues