Business Systems Analyst II/III
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Business Systems Analyst position offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a flexible, positive, and empowered team. If you are excited by problem solving and enjoy working with technology/systems, you may be just the person we are looking for to join our team.
The individual in this role will have exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, superior analytical and critical thinking skills, along with the customer service expected at The Standard.
- Provide support and technical expertise for business users and external customers on supported applications
- Resolve issues with supported applications
- Manage support activities and incident management for supported applications
- Participate in project efforts and provide subject matter and application expertise
- Perform testing to support maintenance and projects
- Demonstrate problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Moderate understanding of multiple Employee Benefits applications and processes
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to apply Lean Management principles to identify waste, improve productivity and increase quality
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Self-starter who can adapt to change and is motivated to work towards continuous improvement
- Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
Preferred Additional Skills
- Business and application knowledge with the following applications: GroupFacts, Group Access, ATM, AdminEASE or Portal
- Business knowledge in Policyholder Services or Underwriting
- Moderate level of proficiency in the following technologies:
- MS Office suite of products, including Excel and Power BI
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug- and alcohol-free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on The Standard's property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
See more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) applicant rights.
View the notice and invitation to all employees and applicants regarding our Affirmative Action and EEO policy.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact 971.321.7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.