Business Systems Consultant 4
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This position will act as a SME and subject matter expert in the Consumer APP Deposits delivery team in the Enterprise Data Lake environment, with in the Consumer APP.
Responsible for Data Analysis, Documentation and troubleshooting production data issues.
- Provides leadership in analysis and design support for requirement analysis, production enhancements, problem tickets and other issue resolution.
- Follows SDLC documentation needs for fixes
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Respond to production processing to failures for analysis and determination of next steps
- Recommend optimizations / solutions to resolve production data processes.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Exposure to big data environment/Querying data from Big data systems.
- Experience with Big data query tools and understanding of Hive/Drill.
- Experience with Big Data platforms – Hadoop, MapR, Hive, Parquet
- Ability to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of data analysis and requirement analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, Tableau or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly learn business operations and processes
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to form a story through data analysis
- Experience creating, reviewing and facilitating feedback on project documentation
- JIRA/Confluence-Wiki experience
- Big Data (Drill/Hive/Spark/SQL) experience is a plus
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.