Business Systems Consultant 5 - Fraud Detection System Support
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Fraud Detection Analytics (FDA) Detection System Support team is hiring two Business System Consultant 5s . The FDA group is responsible for any and all production processes that support the any one of the fraud detection platforms. Support includes developing and maintaining code that generates data to input (watchlists, alerts, hotlists, etc), ad-hoc reporting, identifying data integrity or system performance issues plus testing and validation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Gather, analyze and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics across various platforms and their strategies as supported by Fraud Detection Analytics
- Analyze patterns and trends to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Partner with Platform, App/Dev, and other FDA teams to ensure accuracy of data, gather feedback and drive improvement opportunities
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting in accordance with various events or requests from leaders
- Lead and drive automation opportunities to enable efficiencies and speed to delivery
Locations: Posted locations are preferred but may be open to considering additional locations within designated business footprint.
Important Note: Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ year experience using Jira, Confluence, Clarity or other related resource tracking tools
- Experience working in a Fraud, Risk or Compliance environment handling sensitive and restricted information
- Sense of urgency to respond to critical time-sensitive ad-hoc requests
- Experience with data relationships and data mapping
- Experience with report automation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.