Client Executive, Payer Sales – Telecommute in the Western Region
About the Job
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Top performing, professional, sales executive to sell Optum's entire suite of products and services to health plans within a specific portfolio in the United States while achieving annual growth targets set for position. In this role, as the Client Executive, the candidate will have primary responsibility for new business sales within the payer market including prospecting, qualification, value demonstration, and closure.
The Client Executive will function within an enterprise sales model and will work very closely with the account team (solution sales executives, consulting, client management and professional services) to pursue new opportunities and manage the current business relationship that is in place today. This role will have direct responsibility and accountability for assigned sales / upsell revenue goals at an individual level.
If you are located in the Western Region of US, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain a robust, qualified new business pipeline
- Demonstrate consistent activity disciplines to maximize new business development and assure perpetual pipeline growth
- Display exceptional strategic selling skills at an executive level including discovery, ROI development and presentation, sales cycle maintenance, tactical planning and closing
- Maximize the strategic plans of accounts with Optum solutions and services
- Demonstrate value - added solutions using a professional consultative selling approach
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and organizational skills in coordinating the sales cycle
- Manage the sales cycle through the use of weekly pipeline and account reviews to include all stakeholders
- Establish, build and maintain positive, professional relationships and interaction at all decision levels
- Maintain a highly credible and professional profile within the industry
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events as appropriate
- Provide input for product enhancement and new product development
- Communicate issues, concerns and problems in a solution-oriented manner
- Provide intelligence to the organization on competitive activity
- Provide management with timely reporting as required and requested
- Clearly demonstrate problem - solving capacity and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of sales opportunity information using our SFA / CRM tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Demonstrable sales success using a consultative sales approach
- 8+ years successful consultative sales experience calling on C - Suite and senior buyers in the payer market
- Able to effectively diagnose client needs, propose and close solutions that have measurable and positive business impact
- Able to lead the sales process and work cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Excellent organizational and personal influencing skills
- Able to work effectively with individuals at varying levels of the organization with a demonstrated ability to create, build, and maintain relationships
- Superior communication skills listening, written, and verbal communication
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong strategic thinking and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated time - management and execution skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask and to deliver results within short timeframes
- Thrives in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Incredible work ethic; willing to put in the time necessary to deliver results
- Able to work effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Ability to travel frequently 70%
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Payer solution sales, risk adjustment sales, Western US, telecommute, remote, work from home