Clinical Nurse (Neuromedicine/ Stroke, RN)
About the Job
Why Join Us?
Clinical Nurses at Washington Hospital Center deliver exceptional nursing care to patients and families. Our “Pathway to Excellence” designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center identifies the Hospital Center as one of the best places for Registered Nurses in specialties like critical care, neuroscience/trauma, emergency medicine, and women’s and infants’ services.
Benefits We Provide:
- RN residency programs and tuition assistance to advance your unique career plans and goals
- Medical, dental, and vision choices, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) that allow Associates to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- An environment of world-class medical, clinical and research practices and innovation where you will truly impact patient care and outcomes.
Our Job Requirements:
- Graduation from a basic educational program in professional nursing, BSN preferred.
- For new graduates hired with an Associate degree, employment is contingent upon enrollment into an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of employment and continued matriculation to achieve a BSN within 5 years of program start date.
- Prior clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Washington, D.C. BLS is required.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.