About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group- specific testing.
This position will be responsible for conducting testing of the Operations group within Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation. This role will provide the Independent Risk Management testing support required by the Corporate Policy requirements that have been implemented by the Enterprise Testing group.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct regulatory compliance testing from start to finish
- Research and understand the regulatory risks that exist within specific business processes
- Design and document regulatory compliance control testing scripts
- Develop strategies to effectively sample the relevant population
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls
- Identify issues resulting from conducting regulatory compliance examinations
- Validate the corrective actions taken by the line of business to resolve identified regulatory issues
- Report findings and recommendations to senior management
- Work with the line of business to understand the business processes and the controls that have been established to mitigate the risk
- Provide credible challenge to line of business group regulatory compliance risk management activities
- May manage specific projects and provide guidance to less experienced consultants
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively across the Operations group, as well as with other line of business, Corporate Compliance, Legal, and Audit partners
- Monitor and assess regulatory changes and impacts
- Coordinate and support compliance risk assessments (SHRP, etc.)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Experience developing and enhancing compliance programs
- Experience working effectively across business units to identify and mitigate risk
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects
- Experience reviewing business processes and identifying control gaps
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulations, policies, reports, and business processes
- BS/BA degree in a business or related field
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., JD, MBA, etc.)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.