About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all front-line business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Compliance Process Change Group is driving our strategic priority of becoming a more process-centric organization – in which business process is established as a foundation for the execution of business operations and will improve the Company’s control environment for compliance risk and operational risk. Wells Fargo expects to achieve this goal by systematically identifying compliance and operational risk requirements and linking those requirements to business process and controls designs. Certain aspects of how the Compliance Program operates in a process-centric organization need to be evaluated and changed so that Compliance can independently oversee the identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring, aggregation and reporting of compliance risks, in alignment with Operational Risk.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Design, implement, and manage Compliance business process oversight protocol supporting the Compliance Business Process Management (BPM) initiative.
- Establish oversight routines to ensure Compliance Officers have support to adhere to BPM Check and Challenge expectations.
- Ensure Compliance risk factors derived from BPM initiative are actively integrated into supporting compliance activities such as New Business Initiatives, Compliance Monitoring, Regulatory Change Management, Issues Management, and other compliance elements to demonstrate an effective compliance risk management system.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the use of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP Tool) in the management of compliance risk
- Support Compliance leaders in development of Compliance Monitoring infrastructure
- Establish governance routine to ensure BPM activities impacting compliance risk are escalated and reported to Compliance senior leadership.
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with product compliance team, Compliance Control partners, operational risk, and other line of business stakeholders.
Location: Preferred locations are Charlotte, NC or Dallas, TX ONLY.
**Please note that posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume.**
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous Business Process Redesign experience
- Experience working in a Compliance-Risk & Control setting in a large, diversified financial institution
- Robust experience managing and resolving issues, risks, scope, schedule, dependencies, assumptions, and communications, including carrying out risk management, mitigation, and planning across large projects
- Experience working horizontally across a large, complex organization and participating in enterprise-wide implementations of major policy and relevant compliance programs across major business divisions
- Effectiveness in driving successful execution of plans; ability to plan, prioritize, and set goals
- Sense of urgency about exceeding the objectives of the role
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including management, regulators, front line businesses, and enterprise functions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated full understanding of the Wells Fargo Vision and Values, competitive strengths, industry dynamics, and culture norms
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.