Compliance Manager 3 - Financial Crimes Testing & Validation (Wealth & Investment Management)
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Testing & Validation (T&V) function performs regulatory compliance and operational risk testing and issue validation across all the WIM businesses, including Wells Fargo Advisors, The Private Bank, Abbot Downing, Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust, and Wells Fargo Asset Management.
The WIM Financial Crimes Testing Manager will be responsible, but not limited to the following duties:
- Support the WIM Financial Crimes Testing Leader in performing risk-based compliance control testing to assure compliance with financial crimes-related regulatory requirements and corporate policies applicable to the Wealth and Investment Management businesses. This includes areas such as Know Your Customer (KYC), suspicious activity reporting (SAR), sanctions and screening, etc.
- Responsible for managing a team of Compliance Manager(s) and Consultants in executing a risk-based compliance testing program to assess compliance with significant financial crimes-related regulatory requirements and applicable corporate policies, including the Corporate Financial Crime Risk Management Policies
- Ensure this testing program adheres to the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy as well as other associated polices such as the Issue Management Policy
- Design and develop compliance testing strategies and methodologies for the team and will consult with senior risk, compliance, law, and business management on compliance risk policies, procedures, and controls for the respective businesses and/or functional areas in WIM
- Responsible for staffing, timely deliverables, written and oral reporting, and work quality for the team and will ensure all issues identified by the team are addressed, escalated, and validated appropriately
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred locations are listed however the hiring manager may be open to other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.
Other Desired Qualifications
- AML, Audit, Risk or regulatory examination experience and knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations applicable to AML is strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of the WIM lines of business is desired.
- Articulate, poised and comfortable in direct interaction with senior members of WIM Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance, WIM Compliance, FCRM and Wells Fargo Audit Services
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationship with key partners and senior management
- Demonstrated capability of exercising independent judgment, critical decision-making, staying organized, and managing a team with multiple priorities and deadlines
- One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Risk And Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
- Certified Risk Professional Program (CRP)
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.