Credit Portfolio Consultant 2
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization. It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
The Retail Services Risk Group is responsible for credit risk in the Private Label credit card portfolio. This position will be responsible for performing various activities related to account acquisition, major client review, merchant loss forecast, promotion level loss forecast and portfolio/program management.
This opening presents a unique and exciting opportunity in the world of unsecured credit risk management. Not only will this position offer learning and growth in consumer credit risk analytics, but also some depth and knowledge on the commercial risk side as our merchant partners and the industries for which we provide financing factor into the analytical and strategic decisions. Additionally, due to the various industries and merchants, the problems that need to be solved are both challenging and dynamic.
Duties may include:
- Conducting monthly major client monitoring origination and performance reviews and making recommendations to management based on trends that are observed.
- Conducting merchant level loss forecasts and supporting merchant promotion needs
- Providing data analysis and deliver high quality business reports to business partners.
- Providing risk analytics expertise on risk initiatives and communicating the findings with business partners and senior management.
- Segmenting and monitoring various credit products, industry programs, vintages, etc. and presenting findings based data driven analysis.
- Producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses and overall profitability and performance
- Developing new or enhancing existing processes to support major client monitoring role.
- Effectively communicating to senior management on impact recommendations have on the portfolio
- Ability to build effective business partnerships
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proficient in SQL/SAS programming language or other statistical software.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate analytical results to a diverse audience including non-technical team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (mathematics, economics, statistics, econometrics)
- 3+ years data analysis and/or risk experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field (mathematics, economics, statistics, econometrics)
- Prior experience in private label credit card/bankcard risk management.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.