Data Architect Senior
About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Architect Senior within PNC's Information Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA or Strongsville, OH.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Data Architect
• Application (or Solutions) Architect
• Kafka (or Data Streaming or message queuing or MQ)
• Operational systems
• Data modeling
• Data warehousing
• Business intelligence (or Reporting)
• APIs (or REST or web services)
Nice to have experience:
• Data analytics
• Data analysis
• Data quality
• ODS (operational data store)
• Informatica (or ETL)
• Mainframe integration
- Designs, develops and optimizes highly complex, specialized data warehouses, with flexible and scalable data and ETL architecture, to support business users and Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Analyzes business intelligence data and makes recommendations for data warehouse growth and integration for the enterprise.
- Works with IT and business customers to develop requirements for designing the overall data warehouse architecture.
- Provides support and technical guidance to ensure architecture and framework are aligned with BI application needs. .
- Leads and consults on the implementation and integration of data warehouses; ensures data is current and meets organizational quality and integrity standards.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesConsulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Data Architecture – Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.Database Structures – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.Data Warehousing – Knowledge of how to collect data from different information sources and distribute them to users; ability to use this information to simplify information systems and make sound business decisions.IT Architecture – Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.Logical Data Modeling – Knowledge of and the ability to identify, create and document activities, tasks, processes and data requirements for a particular system under design.Organizational Leadership – Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.