Data Management Consultant 3/eONE Operations Utility Team (DMI)
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The eONE initiative seeks to build a “one number” instrument data foundation that is complete, reliable and aligned to the general ledger. The initiative will also establish the authoritative data source for corporate finance and corporate risk management data for in-scope risk and regulatory reporting. eONE will create a federated, coordinated set of applications and databases to support Risk and Finance, which will allow for agile and accurate risk and regulatory reporting and analytics that complies with BCBS239, and internal data governance polices.
This position will play a key role in the delivery of this eONE enterprise initiative and the availability of this data on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis. The successful candidate will perform complex analysis and research on risk data and systems to support regulatory reporting. They will work with risk, finance, project management, technology and many other groups throughout the company to ensure this data is successfully provisioned from approved provisioning points and other temporary tactical sources that translate into the eONE data repository. The technology environment includes Oracle, Teradata, OFSAA FSDF, Hadoop (HUE), Exadata, OBIEE, Ab Initio, Collibra, and others.
This position will be a part of the eONE Operations Utility Team focused on commercial, consumer, deposits, securities, derivatives, master / reference, universal extract and external engine indicative data. This team is responsible for the timely, accurate and safe loading of daily, monthly and quarterly data needed to produce the eONE Risk and Regulatory reports in scope in accordance with compliance and governance group to ensure appropriate controls are executed within eONE. This position will interact with multiple Agile scrum teams reviewing and implementing controls as new functionality is released.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a results-driven attitude and commitment to quality work.
- Performing complex analysis to support understanding of systems of records, the OFSAA data model, load processes, etc.
- Partnering with multiple domain business teams and communicate successful load criteria, defect management and testing results of current reporting periods
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all communications are accurate, well-written and in the right voice for the intended audience
- Partner with General Ledger and Group Controllers to understand accuracy of this data in the load process and potential defects that could impact the indicative data
- Collaborate with technology and other partners to drive defect remediation to produce accurate Risk and Regulatory reporting
- Support Operational Calendar to monitor process cycle duration and data load times adhering to timeliness requirements for regulatory reporting.
- Provide leadership support for junior consultants and able to step in for Utility team manager when called upon.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proficiency with Oracle SQL, PLSQL and working with advanced SQL coding and practices
- Previous experience with Wells Fargo Commercial data marts and provisioning platforms such as IHUB, AFS, LOAN IQ, REALM, InfoLease, FDR, and Strategy
- Knowledge of advanced data quality analysis and reporting of multiple commercial functional areas, business lines and data sources.
- Ability to influence groups, processes and team members from different organizations
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.