Database Analyst 5
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This Database Analyst 5 (DBA5) role is on the Cyber Security Innovation (CSI) team within Cyber Threat Management. The Cyber Security Innovation team builds and maintains several cyber security solutions utilizing Mongo databases. Successful candidate will be an experienced and well-rounded database administrator. This role will be to provide database Architectural leadership administration, engineering, and production support for these solutions across the CSI team. Additional responsibilities include leading the planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of the Cyber Security Innovation’s database environment. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working on multiple dynamic projects simultaneously, and as the primary or only DBA SME on the team. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and mentoring for less experience database resources.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of database sharding and zoning experience
- Experience with database clustering and/or architecture
- 3+ years of database logging and monitoring concepts experience
- Experience using collaboration tools Jira and/or Confluence
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience in DevOps environment
- Demonstrated technical engineering background across multiple core technologies (OS, Application, Database, Virtual/Cloud, etc.)
- Proficient with multiple technology environments (OS, Application, Database, Virtual/Cloud, etc.) with the ability to learn and apply new emerging concepts quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work with open source tools and applications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.