About the Job
An opportunity in the auto industry you can count on
If you want to build a career in the auto industry, start with a company that’s leading the way. As an Inventory Associate, you will learn our business from the ground up, with a focus on giving our customers an exceptional experience. We’re proud to offer our customers vehicles they can rely on. It’s made us the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and a place where you can build a rewarding future.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
- Log and track deliveries and vehicle inventory
- Move cars around the site so they are available for customers to view
- Ensure our locations are always welcoming to customers
- Build your skills in cleaning, vacuuming and reconditioning cars to the standards our customers deserve
- Learn about delivering great customer experiences from an expert team
Build your success on ours
Inventory Associates are always busy and never stop learning in the fast-paced environment of a CarMax store. Everyone’s contribution counts to deliver a great experience for customers. CarMax brings out the best in you as you bring out the best in our cars through your teamwork and attention to detail. Our associates enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and car purchase discounts.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high level of motivation
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.