Digital Health Specialist - West Valley City, UT
About the Job
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is for a digital health specialist to manage and oversee all digital health initiatives in the market.
- Support planning and coordination of digital health initiatives, as well as provide ongoing monitoring of initiatives once implemented
- Work with multiple departments; Build positive relationships within the team and external parties
- Advise stakeholders/leadership on available solutions with contracted vendors and within Optum
- Maintain open, productive relationships with stakeholders on feature implementation, builds relationship with colleagues across IT and operational departments
- Present project status and results to department and division leaders
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans
- Plan, track, and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Coordinate the work of others who contribute to the completion of a project
- Manage workload and works effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects in a fast-paced changing environment
- Monitor trends in health care digital transformation, vet potential partners and technical solutions, and manage vendors
- Identify digital health opportunities that represent: A) A competitive, market-differentiated offering; B) A significant revenue stream opportunity (whether of existing or new services); and/or C) An opportunity to dramatically improve efficiency or workflow;
- Develop business models for existing and new/emerging markets, ensure successful implementation of digital health products, and manage P&L and overall performance
- Utilize market data, consumer research, and patient analytics to innovate digital solutions throughout the patient and member journey that significantly enhance overall satisfaction and loyalty;
- Serve as a change agent and champion for digital transformation, engaging leaders, physicians and staff across the system to build alignment and engagement
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with all organizational levels, including senior level audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain working agendas.
- 2+ years of project management experience
- 1+ year of Microsoft Excel experience (data entry, sorting/filtering, pivot tables, basic formulas, and importing data to a spreadsheet)
- Microsoft Outlook proficiency
- Experience with digital health
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.