Director, Finance Business Partners - eCommerce
About the Job
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Director, Finance Business Partners – eCommerce plays a critical role driving the development and optimization of Petco's next generation online store experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and partnering with our eCommerce, Merchandise Planning & Inventory, Finance and other related groups with various reporting functions to plan, analyze, and track the group’s performance towards achieving its financial goals. Incumbents work cross-functionally to identify risks and opportunities, synthesize reporting and data, and develop forecast data which is shared with the Senior Officers and Officers of the Company as well as perform an integral role in the annual budget planning process. This role will also assist in running the business and be a thought partner for leadership.
Essential Job Functions
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Define online store objectives and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
Partner with executive leaders in eCommerce, Merchandise Planning & Inventory, Finance, and Business Unit Leaders, on strategies, initiatives and budgets.
Review monthly financial details
Responsible for planning and managing the weekly and monthly forecast reporting, a cross-functional process involving the development and distribution of department or account level templates and metric dashboards to various Officers, Directors and Managers of the organization, to capture the most current view of company performance
Utilize skills to analyze complex metrics and financial data to identify trends that present opportunities or exposures for the Company and make recommendations on appropriate actions as needed
Responsible for planning and managing the annual budget process
Assists in the development and review of presentation materials monthly to Senior Officers and Officers and quarterly to the Board of Directors and as needed during the annual budget process
Proactively evaluates systems, tools and policies and procedures for opportunities to develop enhancements that reduce time required to prepare output or improve the quality of the output
Contribute to the development of 5 Year Strategic plans
- Directly manage and provide guidance to financial management team to include interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations and disciplinary action and termination when necessary
- May be required to remotely manage associates at various corporate location
- Provide financial guidance cross-functionally to non-financial officers and managers
The majority of job duties are conducted while seated indoors at a computer terminal with little or no exposure to hazards. Occasional travel may be required for financial presentations or training.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration; MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance preferred
- 10 years related Finance or Merchandise Planning experience preferably in eCommerce.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written, required due to the nature and level of interaction with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Highly developed detail orientation, initiative, problem solving, model building and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to think creatively or “outside the box”
- Advanced skill level with MS Excel and other Office products
- Prior experience with Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.