Director Search - Long Island City, NY
About the Job
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Ecommerce is the primary sales driver for Altice and SEM/SEO plays a major role in the success of the channel. As the Director of Search, you will directly impact the company's growth on a daily basis. This role plays a critical part in the future plans and long term success of the company. The main responsibility as the Director of Search will be overseeing Altice's paid and organic search digital strategy and execution. You will be the in-house expert of paid and organic search marketing strategies as well as establishing and executing effective customer acquisition strategies for the purpose of achieving key business objectives.
- Setting the vision and leading the strategy and execution for the SEM and SEO programs.
- Spearheading the relationships with search engines and vendors in order to optimize performance and staying educated on new opportunities.
- Delivering on customer acquisition targets while hitting efficiency goals.
- Driving performance by constantly testing opportunities to increase lead generation.
- Developing initiatives to innovate, automate, and scale SEM and SEO.
- Improving conversion by testing and optimizing ad content and landing pages.
- Delivering in-depth analysis on business performances and drivers to key partners.
- Evangelizing the channel by demonstrating deep knowledge of SEM and SEO industry best practices.
- Managing testing roadmap to identify new opportunities to improve performance.
- Planning and optimizing multi-million dollar paid search budgets across multiple brands.
- Building and leading a team of subject matter experts.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to partner with colleagues from multiple groups and lead them towards a common vision and objective.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Must be an excellent and active listener, consistent, reflective and self-aware.
- A personality that has an unwavering thirst for knowledge, and actively seeks out learning opportunities to be at the forefront of their field.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, to promote collaboration and teamwork, and to engender trust and respect. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written abilities, as well as presentation skills.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and expertise, with an ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in SEO and SEM strategy and implementation.
- Three to five years of leadership experience including supervisory experience.
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM and SEO.
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Adobe, Mixpanel)
- Experience with paid and organic search analytics and research tools (e.g, Google Search Console, Google Merchant Center, Google Ads, SearchAds 360, keyword planner, BrightEdge)
- Proven track record driving paid search strategies and maximizing search KPIs.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.