Director, Site Merchandising and Activation
About the Job
The Customer & Digital Experience (CDX) group of Comcast Business is transforming how new and existing Small, Medium, Mid-Market, and Enterprise business customers establish and grow a long-lasting relationship with Comcast through the full end-to-end customer life cycle, from sales, through to customer onboarding and ongoing account management and support.
The team is seeking a Director of Site Merchandising and Activation to accelerate our digital sales efforts across prospects and existing customers. This role, reporting to the Executive Director, Business E-Commerce, will be accountable for new and existing customer digital sales and leads considering Internet, Voice and other strategic products from Comcast Business’s broad product portfolio. Primary focus will be working with a broad set of stakeholders within HQ and divisions to develop and implement onsite merchandising, offer and conversion strategies to meet sales goals while driving an outstanding customer experience.
This individual and their team will collaborate and work across the organization (Digital Experience team partners, Division leadership, Product, UX, and content teams as needed). In a matrixed environment, it is critical that this role lead through influence and personal leadership – building consensus and buy-in on deliverables and overall plan to drive sales.
- Overall responsibility for generating new and existing customer sales and sales opportunities from the Comcast Business web site. This role has targets to achieve and is expected to develop and execute merchandising and promotional plans to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual goals across our three divisions.
- Ownership of optimizing results and customer experience. Drive strategies and prioritize efforts to deliver budgeted sales and leads targets
- Works with division partners as Digital lead for new customer and existing customer promotions, leading efforts with analytics teams to understand and report on sales trends, upsell journeys, offer utilization and trends, etc.
- Leads a team of 3 (2 Managers and 1 analyst)
- Team creates and maintains site promotion and offer calendar. Partners with HQ and divisions on offer strategy, and teams with host of stakeholders to build and launch offers and merchandising programs.
- Oversees management of third-party tools to optimize site conversion rate and call analytics
- Implements go-to-market strategies for new products, collaborating with product, marketing, digital experience and divisional stakeholders.
-Partners with digital product team leaders and other key stakeholders to identify functionality needed to inform the development roadmap, providing input & eCommerce team perspective on development items to build in support of sales growth.
- Partners with Analytics team to understand quantitative and qualitative reporting insights to drive better understanding of the underlying business performance. Staying close to the data, numbers and performance is critical to success.
- Works closely with Test & Learn and Chat teams to formulate and execute strategic plans in support of overall site objectives.
- Leads identification of new sales opportunities to drive traffic, engagement and sales conversion. Partners closely with traffic-driving teams to ensure a cohesive end-to-end customer experience.
- Oversees the communication of Digital sales activities to key stakeholders and supports senior leadership communications.
- Act as the liaison between Digital Experience team and legal for campaign approvals and offer changes to ensure appropriate sign off and adjustments are made onsite
- Communicates consistently with HQ and divisional sales teams to inform key team members of material site merchandising and stratey changes with the potential to impact lead quantity and quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proven experience in driving sales and executing marketing campaigns
- Ecommerce or direct marketing experience strongly preferred
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with proven problem-solving and collaboration abilities.
- Analytical experience required with demonstrated spreadsheet skills and ability to interpret data to drive decisions.
- Strong attention to details coupled with the ability to aggressively manage deadlines and goals.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results working with other teams, plus the ability to build strong relationships
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target or similar platforms preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Experience developing presentations in PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and project management abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and manage many projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Business, Marketing
- Generally, requires 10+ years related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer