Donor Specialist (U)
About the Job
Determines potential blood donor eligibility, performs phlebotomies for all forms of collections including automated and apheresis procedures and post donation activities. Maintain a high donor retention rate by practicing excellent customer service techniques and technical skills. Support the achievement of the company's goals by following organizational and departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and safety guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Determines the eligibility of all prospective donors based upon the evaluation of the health history and physical findings. Accepts and defers donors appropriately based on applicable SOPs. Documentation is neat and legible.
- Performs the phlebotomy and associated tasks as per applicable SOPs. Takes initiative to demonstrate the ability to process donors in a timely manner, utilizing the bed set up specified by management. Seeks assistance when deemed appropriate.
- Performs all quality control work processes. Accurately completes all associated documents in accordance with SOPs.
- Attempts to reschedule all donors. Recruits and converts donors for automated procedures when applicable. Demonstrates commitment and support to achieve company goals.
- Exceeds customer service expectations by providing a high degree of customer service to all contacts in support of the ITxM Mission. Displays awareness of donor perception. Uses appropriate topics of conversation to engage the donor. Refrains from negative topics of discussion.
- Works positively and respectfully with co-workers, supervisors and manager, exhibiting a commitment to teamwork. Displays an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Donor Coach Only. Responsibilities include preparing the bus (load/unload), safely driving, parking, delivery of products to the manufacturing area and all other actions needed for donor coach operation. Maintain current CDL.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent (G.E.D) is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Maintains current CPR training is required.
- Medical Assistant, Certified.
- Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Phlebotomy certification required.
- Donor Coach Only-Valid, verifiable CDL required with clean driving record or one year of phlebotomy experience required.
- One year customer service experience.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy.
- Ability to multi task.
- Language skills must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work/participate in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff to enhance Central Blood Bank's relationship with the community.
- Maintain a positive focus in solving problems, which is observable in tone of voice, body language and conversation.
- Demonstrates teamwork through both verbal and non-verbal actions that support department projects and changes through participation.
- Follows departmental reporting lines when dealing with employee and donor concerns and/or assignments.